Terms & Conditions
This website can be accessed at www.electrans.co.za, related mobi-sites and software applications (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd (“we”, “us” and “our”).
These Website Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“you”, “your” or “user”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below(“registered user”).
By using the Website and by clicking on the “Register Now” button on the Website, as may be applicable, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
- These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- May limit the risk or liability of Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd and/or
- May create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- May compel the user to indemnify Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd and/or
- Serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- Your attention is drawn to these Terms and Conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd in terms of the CPA.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are divided into three sections, as follows:
- Part A – Orders and Sales;
- Part C – General Legal Terms.
Registration and use of the website
- Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
- To register as a user, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase Goods.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorized or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorized access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorized Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd representative.
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
- Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd or the Third Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd or the Third Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorization by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd for the Goods.
- NOTE: Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Placing Goods in a wish list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd or the Third Party Seller liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after placing an order, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such Goods.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our products displayed on any third party websites.
Shipping & Delivery
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd offers 3 (three) methods of delivery of Goods to you.
You may elect delivery via:
- Courier arranged by customer,
- Collect from premises
- Please see details of our delivery and shipping terms and conditions in our Shipping terms and conditions.
- Where it accepts your order, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for any loss or unauthorized use of a product, after it has delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
Privacy & Security
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to -
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- Subject to clause 10.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- In relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- To contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- To improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- To our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- To our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, toreport suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- To our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc.). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- To any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 12 above)
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
We will -
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy, unless we are compelled to do so by law. In particular, in the event of a fraudulent online payment, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Returns & Replacements
We do not accept returns on orders that are sent back to us exceeding the 5 day Returns Policy period.
We strictly do not accept returns if the item is no longer in its original condition.
No refund on shipping fees
- Courier: Ship the parcel to us using a Courier. Since we do offer such discounted prices, the cost of the return is at your cost
- Drop off (Durban only): Drop-off your return at our premises in Reservoir Hills, Durban.
Please Contact us for more information on ordering.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We are committed to providing Secure Online Payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Payment can be made for Goods via - Payfast. Payfast is a secure payment gateway used by 80,000+ trusted merchant users.
- Debit card;
- Credit card: Where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time as the additional information is received by us and authorization is obtained by us for the amounts. If we do not receive authorization your order for the Goods will be cancelled.
- You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for purposes of paying the Goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred as a result of the services used on the Website;
- Direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer: If you pay via direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer, payment must be made within 48 hours of placing your order. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will not accept your order if payment has not been received;
- Instant EFT
- Vouchers & Coupons
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd may from time to time make electronic gift vouchers (“Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd Goods. Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
- Vouchers that are purchased by registered users are valid for 3 years after Sale unless otherwise stated. Vouchers that Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire.
- Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased. If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorized use or unauthorized distribution of a Voucher, after it has delivered the Voucher to you or the email address nominated by you.
- There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“FixedCoupon“), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“PercentageCoupon“).
- Coupons are issued in Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorized manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
- each Coupon can only be used once;
- only one Coupon can be used per order;
- only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
- Coupons with a percentage discount offer may only be used on purchases with a total cart value of less than R3,000;
- A Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
- The value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- Coupons cannot be used to buy Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorized use or distribution of a Coupon.
- If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if the Coupon is still valid. If Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
- You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, before you are able to use a Coupon.
Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law. The Website Content is the property of Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorized in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact our Admin Manager at 079 258 2166 or e-mail email@example.com .
- The use of the Website is entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from use of the Website or reliance on any information on the Website.
- Whilst Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd’s representatives, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd shall not be bound thereby.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd disclaims liability for any damage, loss or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
- Although Goods sold from the Website may, under certain specifically defined circumstances, be under warranty, the Website itself and all information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, completeness, or non-infringement, as may be allowed in law.
- Any views or statements made or expressed on the Website are not necessarily the views of Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, its directors, employees and/or agents.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardise or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, save where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of the Republic of South Africa (Western Cape Division, Cape Town) notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
- Nothing in this clause 21or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
Availability and termination
- We will use reasonable endeavors to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website other than for processing any orders made by you prior to such time, to the extent possible.
- If you fail to comply with your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including any incident involving payment of the price of an order for any Goods, this may (in our sole discretion with or without notice to you) lead to a suspension and/or termination of your access to the Website without any prejudice to any claims for damages or otherwise that we may have against you.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd is entitled, for purposes of preventing suspected fraud and/or where it suspects that you are abusing the Website and/or have created multiple user profiles to take advantage of a promotion or Coupon intended by Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd to be used once-off by you, to blacklist you on its database (including suspending or terminating your access to the Website), refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and/or to cancel any order concluded between you and Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd, in whole or in part, on notice to you. Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by you (see Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd’s Returns Policy in this regard), and accepts no other liability which may arise as a result of such blacklisting and/or refusal to process any order.
- At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
- You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
- Any failure on the part of you or Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
- No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “grantor”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “grantee”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Electrans SA (Pty) Ltd and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.
Updating Account Information
Please Contact us for more information on updating your account details.